Saturday, July 7, 2012

July

The Words:

Dependence
Favorite
Pleasure
Relaxation
Time

The Vision:
July Musing
The Poetry:

Sure relaxation.
Time, dependence suspended.
My fav'rite pleasure.


The Motiviation:

Imagine your favorite thing to do in the world. Then imagine that you no longer enjoyed it. When you did it, the only thing you could think about is how you shouldn’t be having fun. That’s how these past few weeks have been for me. Things that I used to like doing no longer hold the same pleasure.

We received a very generous gift for our wedding, a couple’s massage. With everything going on before the wedding, then after the wedding, we weren’t able to find a good time to do it until two Saturdays ago. Neither of us have ever had a massage. It’s supposed to be a time to relax and decompress. I have to admit, it was nice. A little odd having another man’s hands all over me, but nice nonetheless.

I know that with time the sadness will lessen; at least that’s what people tell me. I’ll remember the good times, appreciate those, rather than dwell on the loss. I’ll depend on others to get me out to do those fun things, and hope that the pleasure comes back.

No comments:

Post a Comment